JALISCO COVID-19 FAQ
Updated September 15, 2021
Q: Can international travelers visit Mexico now?
Yes, travelers are permitted to fly to and from Mexico for tourism purposes. The United States has temporarily limited inbound land border crossings to “essential travel” only. This restriction is scheduled to remain in effect through September 21, 2021. More information is available here.
Q: Are any quarantine requirements in place for international travelers visiting Mexico?
There are currently no quarantine requirements in place for inbound travelers. Travelers exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms may be subject to additional health screenings and/or a 14-day quarantine. As of January 26, 2021, all passengers on international flights bound for the United States, including those who have received the COVID-19 vaccine, will be required by the Centers for Disease Control to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or rapid antigen) or written documentation of recovery following a COVID-19 infection prior to boarding. Tests for entry into the U.S. must be conducted 72 hours prior to departure.
Many hotels are requiring temperature checks upon arrival. If a guest has a high temperature, check-in will be suspended and the guest will be referred to the hotel´s doctor who will notify the government COVID call center. Health officials will then accompany the guest for resting and treatment (if necessary).
If a hotel guest presents COVID-19 symptoms during his/her stay, the guest will be immediately referred to the hotel doctor who will notify the local government health officials. The guest will be placed in an isolation room until the arrival of health officials who will accompany the guest for testing and treatment (if necessary). The guest will not be permitted to return to the hotel.Travelers who test positive for COVID-19 but exhibit no major symptoms will be required to undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine which can be completed in their hotel on a designated floor (if available) or room. Each hotel applies different policies for mandatory quarantines, with some offering steeply discounted rates. Specifics should be confirmed with individual hotels directly.
Q: Where are PCR and antigen tests in Jalisco available?
It is recommended to schedule a COVID-19 test as far in advance as possible by contacting one of the providers listed here. Any additional requirements, costs, and the current status of same day results should also be confirmed directly with the testing provider. A selection of hotels throughout Puerto Vallarta are providing free COVID-19 antigen tests for guests which are valid for entry to the United States. Additionally, selection of Puerto Vallarta hotels will offer both PCR tests and antigen tests for a cost. A list of participating hotels can be found here underneath “Puerto Vallarta COVID-19 Testing Providers.”
Q: What steps has Jalisco taken to create a safe environment for international visitors?
The state of Jalisco received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s “Safe Travel Global Safety & Hygiene Stamp” on June 14, 2020 for applying globally standardized hygiene and sanitation standards at its facilities.Jalisco is also one of the leading states in Mexico for its own federally recognized COVID-19 testing and reporting system. And, it’sone of the few states with its own system for epidemiological testing.
Q: What requirements are in place regarding face coverings and social distancing?
All residents and visitors are encouraged to maintain social distancing practices and the use of masks is mandatory.
Q: What restrictions are currently in place for Jalisco’s tourism industry?
Hotels are permitted to operate at a maximum capacity of 80%. Restaurants will operate at 50% capacity and are able to seat a maximum of eight people per table. Restaurants must close by 12 a.m. and may only sell alcohol to customers who are consuming food.
Golf courses, beach clubs, and tours will operate during regular business hours. Hotel restaurants may operate under the same guidelines for all restaurants, as noted above. All hotels are required to follow cleanliness and sanitation protocols established and monitored by local authorities, in addition to protocols required by their parent company or ownership.
Q: What restrictions are in place for public spaces and popular tourism attractions?
In Puerto Vallarta, beaches are open with no time restrictions. The Malecon waterfront promenade and its restaurants, shops and commercial corridors are fully open to the public.
Q: What can be expected upon arrival at Puerto Vallarta International Airport and Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla Guadalajara International Airport?
COVID-19 protocol for international airports in Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta is as follows:
- Masks are required.
- Disinfectant is applied on welcome mats at entrances to the terminals.
- Social distancing of at least 5 feet is encouraged in lines of documentation, inspection point, migration, customs, baggage claim, boarding, and disembarking, among other processes.
- Use of adjoining seats is restricted.
- Use of documentation and migration counters and kiosks is limited in all common areas.
- Access to common use facilities, such as play areas, is restricted.
- Antibacterial gel dispensers are available throughout terminal buildings.
- Authorities, airlines, handling agents and commercial operators use gloves and face masks in processes that involve contact with passengers.
- All restaurant and food court personnel must wear disposable face masks and gloves.
All passengers must pass through a thermal fever detection camera. If the traveler’s temperature exceeds 99.5°F (37.5°C), the authorities will do a second temperature check with an oral thermometer. If the passenger’s temperature is still above 99.5°F, the passenger will be transferred to adesignated isolation space insidethe airport.The passenger will remain there until an ambulance or other medical transportationarrives to accompany them to a hospital for testing. If the result is positive, the passenger will remain isolated in the hospital for 14 days.
All passengers are required to fill out a form titled “Questionnaire of Identification of Risk Factors in Travelers” available on-site via QR code or in hard copy.
Q: What can be expected upon arrival at a hotel or resort?
Jalisco state government has established COVID-19 protocol which consists of sanitary recommendations and good practices that promote a healthy and hygienic environment. The state recommends that hotels engage in the following activities:
- Provide hotel guests with questionnaires to monitor the type of activities they have participated in and if they have presented any symptoms.
- Establish stations at the main entrance for a temperature check prior to check-in
- Place antibacterial gel on access doors
- Avoid crowding of guests inside the hotel in common areas and maintain social distancing during check-in
- Encourage payment with card or mobile apps rather than cash
- Use chemical products for proper disinfection of the rooms and common areas, as well as steam cleaning systems with chlorine or UV lamps
- Emphasize the disinfection of spaces such as lobby, corridors, common areas and disinfection in rooms through the following measures:
- Floors: every two hours
- Elevators: disinfect buttons every hour
- Door handles, railings and similar objects: every hour
- Common bathrooms: every hour
- Common or public telephones, every 2 hours
- Reinforce the cleaning of places such as elevators, gyms, pools and spas
Hotels of international chains enhance the protocols established by the Jalisco Government with their own corporate protocols.